Welcome!

Hi!

My name is Nicole and I am a first time mum to a beautiful baby girl called Georgia. I thought since becoming a mum SO much has changed in my life, so much so I wanted to share my mum experience, so one day I can read back on the beginning of this new journey in my life, and also so other mums who read this and are having a similar experience can know they aren't alone!

When I went in for my first parent class with the health nurse she had everyone share their birth story so I thought why not let my first blog be about mine!

The week before I was due my Doctor told me I was going to have to be induced as bub was measuring big, so I chose a date to be induced.
On the Monday night I went into the hospital and he did a balloon catheter. That was fun...not! I was to scared to move around because I thought it would just pop out! He told me any pain relief I wanted I was allowed to have, silly me just had Panadol! This was the first time I've ever stayed in hospital so I didn't think to ask for more pain relief! Ask for it ladies, trust me! It wasn't to bad in the beginning but throughout the night I became more and more uncomfortable. It felt like epic period cramps.

At 8 am in the morning the doctor came in and took that out, I have no clue why I thought that thing would just fall out during the night, it was well and truly stuck in there! Then he broke my waters. He got me to have the gas while he did it...wasn't a huge fan, It makes you instantly feel like you've had 10 shots and then 30 seconds later you feel back to normal! So weird! So once he broke my waters he said by lunch time you will have a baby! Woo!

Being induced the contractions come on so intense so fast! I was really surprised, I thought I would have more of a breather between contractions. It felt like 30 seconds between each one. I can't describe the feeling of a contraction, it's nothing like period cramps AT ALL!

At 11 am I decided to ask for the epidural, I was so scared of being told I left it to late to have one. I heard a lady earlier that morning have her bub with no meds....that scream sounded like a war cry! I was not game! I had the epidural put in, it had a good sting on it when he was putting the stuff in, it felt like electrical currents going down my spine. But once that took hold I had no pain what so ever, no pressure, nothing! It was brilliant!

The doc came in at lunch time and I was 4cm dilated so no baby. 3pm...5cm then 5pm BAM 9cm! So he said I should have bub by 6pm. By this stage I was shattered and silly me didn't listen to the nurses, I didn't nap during the day. 6pm came and the doc checked me and said I was still 9cm and baby was stuck. So emergency cesarean it was.

I was so freaked out, there was a chrome plate on the ceiling and I could see EVERYTHING! They painted some pink stuff on my belly & that was me done I closed my eyes & don't remember what happened, all I remember is he held a baby over the curtain & it was a beautiful baby girl! With a full head of jet black hair and weighing 3.944kgs. Once that happened I was so exhausted I fell asleep, next thing I knew I was in recovery & they were trying to put this tiny little pink thing on my boob.

Even though I was so nervous on the day I would totally do it again, I've learnt some lessons but it definitely has not turned me off having another baby one day.

And that's the start of my story on learning the mum life!

Comments

Popular Posts