35 Weeks now!

I'm now at 35 weeks into my second pregnancy and I tell you what, it is so
different this time! I'll share my journey with you...

I see other second time mama's say all the time how much faster the second pregnancy goes and they aren't lieing! It has gone so incredibly fast I feel like it was only last month I did the pregnancy test! In saying that I haven't enjoyed being pregnant this time round like I did with Georgia. I loved every kick every hiccup, having a big belly I even dealt with the not so nice symptoms of pregnancy better then I have this time.

I shouldn't complain because it hasn't been a bad pregnancy, I'm just not sure what it is that has made me get over it a lot quicker, maybe because I knew what I was in for at each stage and I know what we are in for once bub comes into the world.

The hardest thing I've struggled with this time is my pelvic bone is not handling this extra weight at all! You know that feeling after you've done a really long bike ride and it feels like your vagina has taken a beating? Well that is what I have ALL THE TIME! It is so bad every time I roll over in my sleep I wake up from the pain and nothing really helps. I have been taking magnesium which has eased it a tiny bit and I take Panadol but it only slightly takes the edge off. I was also a lot fitter, lighter and healthier last time too which would have helped, I now regret not getting my butt back into gear after having Georgia! This would have to be the most annoying thing to deal with out of the whole pregnancy.

I haven't had fluid retention like I did last time, it's so nice to still be able to wear my wedding rings and to still have ankles! You don't think you'd miss those ankles but when they don't exist and you have no definition between your legs and your feet, you tend to miss that body part being visible.
I also haven't had that random pigment line on my tummy this time either, I have been told an old wives tale that if you've got that line it means your having a girl but I had it last time and don't have it this time & I'm having the same gender so myth blown out of the water!

As I get closer to the date for my cesarean I'm starting to get nervous, the thought of recovery taking 6 weeks is not a fun thought with a 15 month old and a new born. I am going to have a chat to my doctor and see if a natural birth could be an option for me then make a decision as to how to go about popping this baby out. Neither option sounds appealing to me but it's only one day (hopefully) I'm sure I'll cope (hopefully!).

Besides the extra aches and pains I am going well. Looking forward to having bub out, but not looking forward to no sleep! Fingers, toes, eyes, everything crossed this bub loves sleep from day one! Unlike her sister did!

x

Comments

Popular Posts