Bugs vs No Bugs

So I've come to the realisation that kids are germy little critters that are happy to share anything and everything with everyone they can possibly come into contact with. Now some of you reading this are probably rolling your eyes saying duh but I didn't realise how germy they actually are! 

One day Georgia was her happy normal self, and it was a completely normal day, nothing random or exciting happened, I made her some dinner which was vegetables and sausages which she devoured. There was a little bit of sausage left on her plate so I took a bite and thought oh geez that doesn't taste right, but she ate it happily so didn't think much more of it. 

The next morning she woke up as normal and I went in her room to get her to find vomit EVERYWHERE! She was still her happy self but just covered in this horrendous smelling vomit. I just thought it must have been from the sausage from the night before. She continued with her morning as usual, ate all her breakfast as normal then shortly after that she threw up all over me, I was covered in vomit from my chin down, it was like a crazy power vomit after a big boozy night, you know the ones I'm talking about, don't deny it! 

After not moving in the middle of all this vomit for a few minutes, trying to process what just happened and how I was going to deal with it I managed to clean myself and Georgia up and the floor (thank goodness it was on tiles!). I put her to bed for a nap and she slept well & again went about her day as normal. Still, I was convinced it was still the sausage. 

The next day I had work so my mother in law looked after her. And by the end of the day I was not feeling well at all. I managed to get through my days work before having to throw up, and I'm telling you being heavily pregnant & throwing up is very hard work and painful! That was when I thought hmmm maybe Georgia had a bug. Then that was me for 2 days I was so exhausted I don't know how Georgia was so happy and playful while feeling like this! I thought maybe it will be just me who is sick seeing as though I was the only one to be sprayed with vomit! I was wrong, my poor mother in law became sick & so did hubby. I felt terrible, Georgia threw up twice and then seemed good, I was crook for 2 days then was right but they both were not good for 4 days! 

So what I've learned from this experience is your kid throws up, it's gastro. They have a runny nose? It's a cold, they've got sleepies in their eyes, it is conjunctivitis! Even if you think it isn't anything major you should just treat it as it is just in case. I felt so bad we passed gastro around & I don't want to do it again if I can help it! People won't be upset with you if you have to cancel plans because your little one is sick, they will be more upset with you if you give them gastro and knock them out for days on end.

x

Comments

Popular Posts