My tips for going out with little ones

Yesterday myself and the girls went on our first big outing without their Dad. I thought I've got this, I don't need help. Luckily for me my husband knows me better then I know myself and suggested I ask if my sister-in-law and nephew wanted to come along as well. Perth's sea aquarium, AQWA have been having Mermaids and Pirates as a special attraction over the school holidays. My nephew, for his birthday party last year had a pirate themed party so of course he was very keen to go. 

I was so grateful for the extra set of hands with the girls as this is the first highly crowded event Georgia has been to, so she was very overwhelmed and just wanted to be carried the whole time, and with a pram it did prove to be difficult to get through the herds of children and parents! 

The mermaids were amazing! their tails looked spectacular and the tricks they could do in the water were fantastic. Georgia loved them, until she noticed the girl sitting next to me eating chips then she became far more interesting to watch. 


For our next big event I'll be following this check list: 
1. Have an extra set of hands to help with the kids & enjoy a coffee with 
2. Get someone to babysit Lauren, just while she's to little to enjoy mythical creatures
3. If I can't get Lauren babysat make sure she gets time out of her pram to play. (The car ride home was horrendous & was over 1 hour!) 
4. Pack loads of snacks and make it a treat day 
5. Don't let the kids see there are fun things in show bags! 

If I was on my own I think I would have walked in and out within minutes. Even if I'm kid free I find crowds overwhelming and they make me anxious so having that help was a godsend. For Georgia's first big event she did so well, she loved the sharks and as she called them the stinky rays and of course the mermaids. I want to take the girls again in a few years time, once they are a little older.

It was impressive & if you live in Perth I do recommend checking it out when it is on. Just be warned the rest of Perth also try to go at the same time! Otherwise if you live elsewhere and are taking little ones to big events I hope my little check list helps you.

x

Comments

Popular Posts