The Colic Chaos

Colic is the most evil word I've discovered to date! I'm sure there are many other words I'm going to discover through my parenthood journey that are more evil then this 'C' word in the future but for the moment colic is just straight out mean!

Poor Georgia had both colic and reflux, It just seemed nothing made her happy, she cried non stop & threw up A LOT! My heart did break for her, I just felt like I couldn't make her happy.
 I had a chat to my health nurse about it & she said to try this colic mix by a pharmacy which was over an hours drive away from my place so I automatically cancelled that one out. I just assumed she had no clue what she was talking about and driving that far away with a baby who hated the car was definitely out of the question!

I then talked to my GP about it & he said to try infant Gaviscon to help her reflux & that stuff was excellent, it cleared up her reflux brilliantly, but then caused constipation so I had to stop giving it to her. A blocked up baby was a lot worse then a spewy one! I also tried Infants friend a liquid you can buy from the chemist or coles, that did very little to relieve her of the horrible C word & reflux. I even stopped eating chocolate, because apparently it can cause problems with your breast milk. And when your sleep deprived it is an extremely hard thing to do! And it wasn't even worth it, that didn't work either!

Then my lovely boss popped over to say hi and she had a bottle of colic mix, she said to give it a try and Boom! This miracle liquid did the trick! This stuff was bloody amazing! It helped Georgia out so much with both Colic & reflux, she slept better, barely threw up and seemed so much happier & she loved the taste of it too which made it a lot easier to give her, Thank goodness! So my health nurse in the beginning was right who'd of thought! It was definitely worth the drive to buy that stuff.

Colic is so weird, from all the google searches hubby & I did (and we did a lot!) no one can actually say what it is and what causes it, no one knows! And magically it disappears around 3 to 4 months old, which it did for us. Very strange indeed! Don't get me wrong I'm very happy it went away, it just made those first few months of parenthood ridiculously hard.

So if you live in Perth and are having problems with your little one get the Colic Mix from the Padbury Pharmacy, it is like liquid gold! If you don't live in Perth...I'm sorry. :-)



Comments

Popular Posts