I think I'm going crazy!

Does someone have the number for the crazy house? Because I need to be put in there right away! I'm a danger to my baby, myself & my husband!!! Let me explain why.

When Georgia was a new born I randomly became paranoid at night time that in my sleep I had gotten her out of her bassinet and put her into bed with us then for some reason I would always freak out because I thought I had lost her in our bed, when I had never even moved an inch in my passed out state. This happened on multiple occasions, and my poor husband would gain an extra grey hair or two when I would wake him up in a panic thinking I had lost the baby in the bed and that one of us must have squished her.

This paranoia did eventually subside, I just put it down to being a zombie mum for those first few months, living on little to no sleep and trying to constantly stay in a state of sugar highs. But for some reason it has now returned once again and Georgia is now 9 months old! She sleeps through so I'm getting good rest, which means I have no clue why it is happening again!

She sleeps in her own room and we live in a 2 story house, her room is upstairs and our room is downstairs, which would mean I would have to sleep walk all that way and back again. I do talk and sit up in bed in my sleep but never actually gotten out of bed, even in my sleep I'm to lazy to get out of bed! I also have a baby monitor with a camera so when I do wake concerned I check the monitor and see she is peaceful and asleep in her cot, but for some reason I still don't believe it and feel around the bed to find her. It is so bad I have to get up and do something else to take my mind off of it.

I feel bad for my poor husband, I've bundled up bedding in my sleep and told him I've got the baby in the bed and we've both thought the sheets were a tiny human, I've grabbed his arm thinking that was Georgia, I've even palmed him in the face thinking that was also the baby! He has a beard! I should have known that it wasn't a baby!

It has become such a problem the past month or so that I am waking up several times a night now! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?! And this is why I need the help! Please tell me I am not the only mum out there who has these crazy thoughts running through their heads every night!

x

Comments

Popular Posts