The Start of Daycare

So today was Georgia's first day of day care. It was definitely an experience I won't forget in a hurry!

I'm not returning to work until next week but the director of the centre I've put Georgia in suggested doing a settling in week prior to going back to work. So this week Georgia is doing two half days and one full day.

Mum's if you are thinking of putting your kids in day care and can do a settling in week before going back to work I highly recommend it! I didn't think Georgia going into day care would effect me to badly but I was wrong, very very wrong! All morning before I took her in I felt anxious and the poor kid, I wouldn't leave her alone! As my hubby would put it, I was flinging my stress poo all over the place!

Driving to the centre my heart wouldn't stop racing. I did the drop off well, I thought. I had a chat to the ladies and said goodbye and left quickly. My plan was to keep busy, I did my food shop to start with, I had to fight back tears through the whole shop. And the poor lady at the check outs probably thought I was a bitch because I didn't say one word to her, I'm pretty sure I didn't even crack a smile.

Driving home from the shops I cried, it felt very strange not having her in the car with me. I then got home and decided to clean the whole house, I played my music loud, which I never get to do anymore, and got to work, the whole time crying or fighting back the tears. It was ridiculous! What has this perfect little human being done to me! I was a tough nut who barely shed a tear at anything and now I cry if I think she is being particularly cute!

Do you remember when you were in school and you would watch the clock like a hawk and swear it wasn't moving? That was exactly what was happening to me this morning, even though I made myself extra busy that time took forever to tick by. I was meant to do pick up at 12:30 but by 12pm I was done, I needed to see her.

When I got in there she was sitting all sweetly playing with some toys, it was lovely to see. The ladies said for her first day she did amazingly! She was happy playing, she slept for 50 minutes which is longer then I thought she would do, she got to try some new foods, I've learnt sultanas aren't a winner. It made me feel much better hearing she did so well, considering I didn't.

It is weird though, I thought once I got her home and we had a play I would feel better but I still feel sad. This whole thing is very weird for me and I'm hoping I get used to the idea soon!

x

Comments

Popular Posts