Feeling the frump

So last week I was feeling extra frumpy, I'm not sure if my hormones were giving me a hard time or if I've actually just had time to have a good look in the mirror and realise a few things!

I think I'm feeling frumpy because I used to take a lot of care and time in making myself presentable and now having a bub my 'me' time is VERY limited. I used to wash my hair every second day, now I'm lucky to wash it once a week. I always went to the hairdressers to have colour put through and I haven't been in over a year, which is a time and money thing but hair is an expensive accessory to have! I also used to allow 45 mins to 1 hour to do my make-up. That really was overkill with the amount of time I allowed but I'm a fluffer and I loved playing with make up. I now manage to slap on some foundation and mascara in 8 mins, and feel I'm sort of presentable to be seen in public.

I've also noticed all I wear are baggy t-shirts which are fine, but in the beginning they were just my clothes to wear around home, they have now become my clothes to wear even if we go out, I might just add a pretty necklace and say that I'm dressed up!

So my feeling of frumpyness was extra last week. I was having a vent to one of my lovely girlfriends about my frumpyness levels and she came to my rescue. She owns a beauty salon called Glen Forrest Natural Beauty. One of her girls had a quiet afternoon and she asked me if I was free for a treat. Hubby said go for it, he was very keen for me to go as I wanted to drag him and Georgia to an arts market, so any excuse to get out of that for him was a good one!

So one of her lovely staff gave me a back massage and a facial and oh my goodness I was in heaven! It was EXACTLY what I needed. One thing I did notice was I thought my skin was developing pigmentation, turns out my skin was just super dirty. Which is horrendous for me! I'm a beauty therapist who should have lovely exfoliated skin all the time! Mark even could notice a change in my skin, he couldn't stop complimenting me and said I looked like a new woman! It defiantly boosted me out of my funk.

One thing out of all this that I have learnt is that I need to do something for myself more often. It doesn't mean I want facials every week (one powerball!), but I just want to do something regularly that makes me feel good and it is just for me. So I'm making a rule for myself that I need to moisturise my skin every night. I used to do it all the time then stopped. So I'm starting small, just moisturising every night will make my skin feel great and in turn I'll feel better.

So mum's make sure you do find time to do something for yourself, even if it is the smallest action, it could have the biggest impact on your well being.

x
 

Comments

Popular Posts