To have Babies or not to have babies...that is the question.


Over the weekend we were chatting to some of our family members about if they were going to have children, to which they said, after seeing what I went through they weren't to fond of the idea. I was so surprised! I didn't think I talked badly of having a baby or gave off a negative vibe about it. I wouldn't ever hide the fact that it's hard because I think that is a given but I felt horrible that I turned someone off having children! 

I think seeing someone going through that very fresh new born stage and how they are handling it can surprise people. I'm the kind of person that always had a full face of make up on and had my shit together, or at least looked like I did! But with Georgia I struggled and didn't hide it well. I was always covered in vomit, never had make up on and for the first couple of weeks I was puffy from excess fluid, and they saw all of that. And I'm guessing it stuck in their minds, where I know it happened but I've forgotten about it at the same time. 

What I struggled with so much in the beginning was I was following these Mum's on social media who were all talking about this 'new born bubble' and they made this bubble sound AMAZING! They spoke about this beautiful bond they had with their baby and yes they were having sleepless nights but they just wanted to cuddle their babies all day and all night. I didn't enjoy the bubble, I didn't get that bond straight away and I am guessing it showed. 

This parenting journey sure is a tough one but it is so worth it, yes it is hard and life changing but you just make it work, ask for help, accept help when offered, and know each stage, good or bad is over so fast you just have to hang in there. 

You can't base your decision on having children on other woman, it isn't like loving or hating an eye shadow on someone so that determines if you go and buy it or not. This is a decision only you can make for yourself, and your partner. (I hope that enallage makes sense!)

Don't look at other Mum's and think your journey will be the same, they are all different. Don't be turned off the idea of children by other people, this is your journey, your life, make sure it is how you want it, whether it be to have a family or not. Just make sure you are happy with how you're living. 

x

Comments

Popular Posts