Boredom Busters

7 Activities to do with the kids!

I recently did an Activity week on my social pages where I shared 5 easy activities to do with your kids. So I thought I would put them altogether on one page plus 2 extra ideas! I have always loved craft so I'm really enjoying using my creative streak with the girls!

Want to follow me on my socials: For Instagram Click here For Facebook Click here and Look up learningthemumlife on Pinterest

1. Go Fish!


 This game is so much fun, I even enjoy playing it! The pipe cleaner fish are picked up by the magnetic fishing rod and can keep kids entertained for ages! 

What you need:

1. A big tub
2. Pipe cleaners
3. Blue tissue paper and cellophane
4. String
5. Stick or kitchen skewer 
6. A little magnet 
7. Hot glue gun or sticky tape
8. Scissors 





What to do:

1. Cut the tissue paper and cellophane into strips. If you've got a paper shredder it will save you a bunch of time! Put into the tub. 
2. Tie the string around one end of the stick and at the other end of the string tape or glue the magnet onto it. It should look like a fishing rod. 
3. Cut a pipe cleaner in half and then shape into a fish. You could do other sea creatures as well, a starfish would look great! 
4. Hide your sea creatures in the tissue paper then let your kids go fishing! 












2. Musical Shakers



The girls love these, they love making up songs or just shaking them to annoy me! You can put all different things in the containers and boxes for different sounds. 

What you need:

1. Wrapping paper
2. A small box
3. Sticky tape
4. Clear containers
5. Rice
6. Beads
7. Bells
8. Pom Poms

What to do:

1. Pour rice into the box and seal any gaps where the rice might escape from, with sticky tape. Wrap with pretty wrapping paper.
2. Put the beads into a clear container and make sure it is sealed tight
3. Get a new container and add bells and pom poms.
4. Let your kids go crazy with shaking them!

3. Rainbow Foam


 This is SO MUCH FUN! I highly recommend you try this with your kids, even I love playing with it! I do recommend dressing your kids in old clothes because it can be messy! 



What you need:
1. Tub
2. A separate bowl
3. Water
4. Detergent 
5. Electric hand mixer
6. Food colouring
7. Big spoon/scoop





What to do:
1. Add a little bit of water to your separate bowl with a tiny squirt of detergent and food colouring. 
2. Mix together with the electric mixer until there is foam!
3. Scoop out the foam into the tub, try not to scoop water as well.
4. repeat with the different colours until your tub is full
5. Let the kids play! I recommend playing with this outside.


4. Baby Bowling! 

This is so fun, I really love my little dudes I made for bowling! 

What you need:

1. Empty toilet rolls
2. Pipe cleaners
3. Texter or pens
4. A ball







What to do:

1. Decorate the toilet rolls as you wish I gave mine funny faces and arms using the pipe cleaners.
2. Place the toilet rolls on a flat surface as if they are going bowling and show the kids how to knock them down using the ball.



5. Sensory Table

There are so many ideas for sensory tables online so here I am adding more ideas! I've done a few sensory tables for the girls so here is the one I did last week. 

What you need:

1. Zip lock bags
2. Tape
3. Food colouring
4. Hair gel
5. Beads
6. Pom poms
7. Water 







What to do:

1. Put water into one zip lock bag, fill it to about 1/4 full and add some food colouring and seal closed, make sure it isn't full of air.
2. In a new zip lock bag put a scoop of hair gel in with some food colouring, seal the bag and squish to mix the colouring through.
3. In another bag 1/4 fill with water and add the beads and seal. Make sure there isn't any air in it.
4. In the last bag add another scoop of hair gel with a few pom poms and seal. 
5. Tape down the bags on a flat surface and let the kids poke, hit move the bags to experience the different textures.  



6. Glow Stick Party!



This is such an amazing and fun activity to do and so so simple! 

What you need:
1. Glow sticks! (I bought a party pack from K-mart for $14)
2. A bathtub with water in it.

What to do:
1. Simply run a bath for your kids
2. Snap the glow sticks so they are glowing and throw them into the bath and let the kids play!

This activity does need supervision as they are in water and you don't want them to chew on the glow sticks. Add coloured cups to the bath, matching the colour of the glow sticks and get them to colour match. 


7. Colour Matching

For my final activity this one is a easy activity for one year old's and older. It is great for colour recognition and fine motor skills. 


What you need:
1. Coloured pop sticks
2. Coloured card to match the colours of your pop sticks
3. Sticky tape















What to do:
1. Cut and shape your coloured card into pouches
2. Stick them to a flat surface, I just used a cupboard door! 
3. Mix the pop sticks up and put them into a pile or cup. 





Comments

Popular Posts