Kids party tips & tricks


Georgia turned 3 at the beginning of February and I have no clue where those 3 years went, but here we are! I had the brilliant idea of throwing her a rainbow themed birthday party so out came the notepad and pen, pinterest was opened and I never looked back! On the day of her party Mark and I were both an exhausted mess who regretted ever agreeing to do this, so I thought I'd share the day and also share some tips to help make kids party planning a little nicer for you.

My Top Tips:

-DO NOT DO IT! If this tip isn't helpful please see other tips below.

-Hold the party at a venue like a park, oval, or play centre. This way you don't need to spend a heap of your time frantically cleaning your house before and after the party. I did not do this and wish I had. 

- Outsource outsource outsource! Make life as easy as possible on yourself so you can enjoy the party too! Pay people to do the things you don't want to do, if it is in your budget of course. Otherwise beg, bribe and blackmail friends and family to do it for you. Some of the things we did were, have my mother in law make the cake,
I used Perth Cookie Co to make some personalised cookies and Ruby the Rainbow fairy for kids face painting and entertainment, who was absolutely fantastic by the way, if you live in Perth I highly recommend you get her! 

-Put someone in charge of taking photo's for you or hire a photographer. I didn't do this and wish I had. I was so busy that I forgot to even get a family photo! 

- Do it at a time of day that your little one is the most happiest. For Georgia that is in the morning. This way you've got the best chance of a happy kid and them enjoying themselves. Georgia was still overwhelmed at times, but by that afternoon she was asking for another party so those times she wasn't happy it didn't ruin it for her.

-Utilise Pinterest there are some amazing ideas shared on there. Most of the ideas I had for decorations were from there. Just don't get sucked into the pinterest vortex and go over the top! 

- Rainbow rice. This is always a favourite with the kids. It is messy so I do recommend putting some tarp down under where they are playing otherwise you will be cleaning up rice for days (I did not do this and I regret it!) I just put rice in a zip lock bag, add some food colouring and a few squirts of hand sanitising gel, close the bag and shake until all the rice is coloured, then lay the rice on some baking paper to dry, once dry it is ready to use! Obviously don't let the kids eat it! 

These are my top tips for throwing a kids party as stress free as possible! I do feel like these events should be enjoyed by those big and small, it is not only a celebration for your little one turning a year older but also a celebration for the parents too. I hope these tips help you and make the party experience great for your little one and for yourself!

x


Cookies from Perth Cookie Co  
Georgia's amazing cake
Rainbow seeds party favours




Rainbow wall that I made ALL BY MYSELF!
Simple vanilla cupcakes with rainbows










Ruby the rainbow fairy entertaining the kids
Rainbow themed food

Comments

Popular Posts